PRM e-Passport Reader
The MULTI Reader is the all-in-one solution for ePassport reading and checking. The goal of the development was to fulfil all the requirements that ever arise in the document reading technology from complex immigration tasks to simply data acquiring.
Main features of PRM Multireader
- Full page ePassport reader
- Smart combination of an optical reader with a contactless reader (ISO 14443A&B)
- Optimal solution for reading RFID documents (ePassport, eID or other ICAO eDocument) with or without BAC (Basic Access Control) features
- Easy to use, plug&play
- Long lifecycle, no maintenance required : no moving parts, no consumables
- High accuracy OCR for 1, 2 or 3 lines MRZ included
- 1D or 2D barcode reading included
- Easy to integrate in any system (SDK included)
- Optional SAM slot(s)
- Available as OEM optical unit for RFID reader manufacturers to integrate it with their own RFID reader
- Possible to integrate in displays, kiosks, e-Gates, self-check-in desks or any automated access control terminals
- Best solution not just for document reading and checking, but also for document issuing as well (quality check, RFID inlay writing&reading)
- Contrary to other similar purpose designed readers (which are using separate devices to read optically the MRZ respectively the RFID chip OR some 'all-in-one' devices but which are able to read the data just in case the printed MRZ and the RFID inlay are in the same page) the antenna of the Multi Reader cover the full passport, does not matter where (in which cover) is placed the RFID inlay. Using this architecture, the Multi Reader is able to read (optical) the MRZ lines printed in the ePassport and the content of the RFID chip in the same time. That's why is called as well "one step reader"
- The neural network based character recognition software could be trained for reading the VIZ zone of any document type or, if is required, the image provided by the Multi Reader could be used combined with a third party OCR software too
- Different high resolution sensors make possible high outstanding image quality in normal, IR, UV illumination
- The integrated 'intelligent' lighting panels could be programmed to make visible hidden security features
- The internal USB2.0 active hub offers the possibility to built in optional SMART CARD reader (contact), fingerprint reading device or other devices
- Due to his modular system, easily could meet any requirement and could be upgraded by any authorized Service Partner
- OEM versions available
For details see the Technical Specifications page or contact us by mail.